The first OctOboeFest NW conference is being held on Saturday, October 6, 2018 at Washington State University in Pullman, WA. This event is designed to engage oboists from across the Northwest with a full day of presentations, master classes, exhibits, and an evening concert.
Guest artist Linda Strommen (Indiana University) will be offering a master class and reed making session. Repair specialist Mark Chudnow (Mark Chudnow Woodwinds) will present on oboe care, maintenance, and repair. Presentations begin at 8am and conclude at 5pm, with a 7:30pm concert featuring oboists from across the Northwest. Mark Chudnow will also be available for light instrument repair on Saturday, October 6 and substantive repair Sunday, October 7. See schedule for details.
Scheduled presenters and performers include:
- Jennifer Cavanaugh (University of Montana, Yamaha Performing Artist)
- David Dutton (Whitworth University)
- Scott Erickson (Central Washington University)
- Darlene Franz (Seattle)
- Laura Goben (Cornish College of the Arts)
- Keri McCarthy (Washington State University)
- Carol Padgham Albrecht (University of Idaho)
- Jennifer Weeks (Western Washington University)
- Dan Williams (University of Puget Sound)
Oboists of all ages and abilities are welcome to attend and participate. A $30 registration fee includes light morning refreshments (coffee, tea, snacks), and lunch, as well as access to all events. Parents of participants are welcome to attend free of charge (lunch not provided).
WMEA clock hours are available for educators attending this event.
This event is hosted by Keri McCarthy, Professor of Oboe at Washington State University, and the WSU Double Reed Corps.
Funding for this event was provided by Allegro Concerts Series and Jones Double Reeds.
Please register for this event by Saturday, September 29 in order to reserve your place (and your lunch).