Join us for Music Major for a Day
Click HERE for more information
Music is an essential part of human life, found in every culture across the globe. WSU’s School of Music, long recognized for excellence in performance and pedagogy, will contribute to the advancement of music through widely visible and impactful creative activity, scholarship and research. It will prepare the next generation of musical leaders as professional performers, composers and educators, and through offerings for general students, foster in the next generation of societal leaders, appreciation and support for music’s value and centrality to society.
Washington State University is a public land-grant research university that is committed to the principles of practical education for all, scholarly inquiry that benefits society, and the sharing of expertise to positively impact the state and communities. Acting as local and global ambassadors, the School of Music students and faculty embrace this mission by promoting musical curiosity, cultural awareness, and critical engagement through artistic creation, pedagogy, and scholarship.
While preparing its students to be successful, innovative, and employable musicians in a 21st-century career field, the School of Music also strives to make its expertise available to anyone who seeks to benefit from it, regardless of where they live, where they come from, what they believe, or what their life experiences have been.
All efforts are directed toward the betterment of human existence through the uncovering of new information, the discovery of how to use that information to solve problems, and the creative expression of human experience. We serve diverse communities across the wide reach of the WSU institution, through a musical practice that is fundamental to emotional wellness, constructive dialogue, and self-reflection.
A Tradition of Excellence
Established in 1901, the WSU School of Music has long been recognized for excellence in undergraduate and graduate education. Students study with an internationally recognized faculty and have access to state-of-the-art facilities.
The School of Music offers a master of arts in music, bachelor of music degrees in music education, performance, composition, and performance with an emphasis in jazz, a bachelor of arts in music, a music minor, music technology minor, and jazz minor.
WSU ensembles have performed around the world and are regularly invited to perform at prestigious concert venues and conferences across the country.
The School of Music is dedicated to educating the next generation of performers, educators and composers. Graduates of the School of Music are teaching, performing, touring and recording worldwide.
The School is proud of its near 100% placement rate for recent undergraduate music education students. Many graduates hold teaching positions in universities and schools around the country.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about our undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Be part of something remarkable at WSU and prepare for your career in music and the arts.
- I WANT TO GIVE
- MUSIC EDUCATION INSTRUMENT FUND
- WATCH LIVE CONCERTS
- MUSIC MAJOR FOR A DAY
- APPLY FOR UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION
- APPLY FOR GRADUATE ADMISSION
- ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS
- REQUEST INFORMATION
- WSU School of Music brings cheer to the Palouse on Dec. 2
- Tomorrow: WSU Jazz Big Band and Jazz Northwest featuring Heather Bambrick
- Center for the Arts and Humanities announces 2023 fellows
- Faculty artists gain valuable support for their work
- Associate Professor Danh Pham elected to American Bandmasters Association
- Jan 11, 7:30 pm Faculty Artist Series: Sophia Tegart, flute
- Jan 16, 7:30 pm Faculty Artist Series: Christopher Wilson, percussion
- Jan 18, 12:00 am Tenor-Bass Festival
- Jan 20, 12:00 am Vocal Fest
- Jan 23, 6:00 pm CAH Public Lecture Series: “Inspired Native: Redefining Identity through Reclamation, Decolonization and Artistic Sovereignty”
- Jan 23, 7:30 pm Guest Artist: Dr. Alex Avila, euphonium
- Jan 25, 7:30 pm Faculty Artist Series: Fabio Menchetti, piano
Learn more about…
- The Faculty Artist Series
- The Kemble Stout Music Listening Library
- The Student Handbook
- Join our events email list
- Join our Shout-Outs email list
- Donating to the School of Music