*All photos were taken before COVID-19.
See our new COVID-19 Updates
Sign up for Ensemble Auditions:
The School of Music at Washington State University prepares its students to be successful, innovative, and employable musicians in a 21st-century career field.
Acting as local and global ambassadors, our students and faculty embrace the WSU land-grant mission by promoting musical curiosity, cultural awareness, and critical engagement through artistic creation, pedagogy, and scholarship.
We serve diverse communities across the wide reach of the WSU institution, through a musical practice that is fundamental to emotional wellness, constructive dialogue, and self-reflection.
A Tradition of Excellence
Established in 1901, the WSU School of Music has long been recognized for excellence in undergraduate and graduate education. Students study with an internationally recognized faculty and have access to state-of-the-art facilities.
The School of Music offers a master of arts in music, bachelor of music degrees in music education, performance, composition, and performance with an emphasis in jazz, a bachelor of arts in music, a music minor, music technology minor, and jazz minor.
WSU ensembles have performed around the world and are regularly invited to perform at prestigious concert venues and conferences across the country.
The School of Music is dedicated to educating the next generation of performers, educators and composers. Graduates of the School of Music are teaching, performing, touring and recording worldwide.
The School is proud of its near 100% placement rate for recent undergraduate music education students. Many graduates hold teaching positions in universities and schools around the country.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about our undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Be part of something remarkable at WSU and prepare for your career in music and the arts.
- I WANT TO GIVE
- COVID UPDATES
- WATCH LIVE CONCERTS
- MUSIC MAJOR FOR A DAY
- APPLY FOR UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION
- APPLY FOR GRADUATE ADMISSION
- ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS
- Sep 28, 7:30 pm Faculty Artist Series – Christiano Rodrigues, Violin
- Sep 29, 7:30 pm Jazz Forum – The Music of Gerry Mulligan, Presented by Dr. David Larsen
- Sep 30, 7:30 pm WSU Symphony Orchestra
- Oct 1, 7:30 pm Faculty Artist Series – Octubafest, Dr. Chris Dickey, Tuba and Euphonium
- Oct 4, 7:30 pm Guest Recital – Jim Stephenson
- Oct 5, 7:30 pm Faculty Artist Series – Dr. Keri McCarthy, Oboe
- Oct 6, 7:30 pm WSU Symphonic Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble
Learn more about…
- The Faculty Artist Series
- The Kemble Stout Music Listening Library
- The Student Handbook
- Joining our email list
- Donating to the School of Music