WSU Performance Groups for Percussionists
- Wind Symphony: Our audition-based concert band! This group is for the advanced percussionist exploring all areas of percussion. Directed by Dr. Danh Pham.
- Symphonic Band: Our second band is open for music majors, music minors, and non-majors. If you played in your high school band and would like to continue, this ensemble is for you!
- Orchestra: Also an auditioned ensemble, our orchestra is the perfect place for music majors looking for professional training! Directed by Dr. Danh Pham.
- Jazz Band I & II: The award-winning jazz big band has traveled all over the country! Both bands perform a wide range of jazz styles including contemporary, Latin, modal and classic swing. Directed by Dr. Austin Cebulske.
- Jazz Combos: The combo program has too many groups to count! Once your combo has a set of tunes ready to play, you perform at the local club in Pullman (Rico’s)!
- Percussion Ensemble: A community favorite! The percussion ensemble tests your skills on all percussion instruments (mallets, drums, timpani, auxiliary, non-western percussion, etc.). Directed by Dr. Christopher Wilson.
- Crimson Ties: The WSU World Music ensemble is your opportunity to learn about and perform indigenous and indigenous-inspired music from around the world.
- Cougar Marching Band: A 30-piece drumline consisting of music majors, music minors, and non-majors. A great way to improve your technical chops!
For more information on ensemble auditions, visit https://music.wsu.edu/ensemble-auditions/. If you have questions, please feel free to contact the Washington State University School of Music at (509) 335-3898. Or email Christopher Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can learn more about percussion at WSU by liking the studio on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonStatePercussion/